Monday, March 5, 2007

ebooks - lesson 27

Creating my account in NetLibrary was easy, as was locating the books I was looking for. I searched for books on Photoshop and digital photography, separately. I know there always seems to be some talk about "real" books going away and everything being digital. I think it's highly unlikely unless the digital book readers are designed to look and feel more like a "real" book. There is something basically comforting about holding a book in your hands that you're not going to get from reading it a cold machine. That said, digital books make a great supplement to the libraries collection. Books that you wouldn't read from cover to cover (reference type) can easily be accessed at home to learn how to do that Photoshop edit without going into the library and checking out the book. How convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment